Thursday, February 12, 2009

The world has gone nuts around me

I don't even know where to start.

Sarkozy is trying to teach Obama how to negotiate with Iran, which is kinda funny

My teachers are still on strike (week 2! out of my seven-week semester!I am screwed!)
But I actually support this strike because if this law goes through...they (and us along with them) are in deep shit.

France has been stormed, snowed in, stormed again, it's been a crazy month for weather here, and power cuts all over the place.

Fires in Victoria and crazy dudes blaming them abortion. From what the news told me a good number of the fires were criminal, but who cares about plausible? I'm still trying to get my head around that one.

Rihanna has allegedly been beaten up by Chris Brown, her boyfriend, and the world is blaming her, and it makes me want to throw up. A lot. And then cry. And then hope against hope that he gets sent to jail. And that all those motherfucking victim-blamers choke.

I've been hired as an English teacher by Acadomia, a company that provides private lessons all over France. I'm nervous about it.

Grades are coming out little by little, and I'm doing pretty well for the moment, especially in chinese, so I'm pretty hopeful.

I have a new presentation to get ready for march third "Social pressures faced by women ages 20-30 in modern China". F and I dreamed that one up and it should be pretty interesting, but we don't have much time.

Nearly everyone's back from their semester abroad, it's nice to see them all again!

And I might be pregnant...crossing fingers, touching wood on this one, I don't face a real risk since I always use BC, but I'm worried. So waiting a bit more, then testing. We'll see.

No comments: